- Pharm D, Owner
- John Higgins grew up right here in Rutherford County graduating from RS Central High School then obtaining his Associate of Science at ICC. In 1990 he graduated with his Pharm D from Campbell University. His care and commitment to family and friends in Rutherford County has been a continuous part of both his professional and personal life.
- John worked at Rutherford Regional Hospital and Spindale Drug while in Pharmacy school; and Revco immediately after graduating Campbell. In 1991, just one year after starting his professional career, John took the position of Staff Pharmacist here at Smith’s Drugs of Forest City. In 2000 John purchased the family owned business and has functioned as Owner-Pharmacist since then.
- While always John’s goal to maintain the excellent customer relationships and family values established in 1939, he had a vision to move Smith’s Drugs into the multi-service, modern facility he currently operates.
- Smith’s Drugs of Forest City has everything to meet today customers’ needs for pharmacy,...
- Pharm D
- Josh is one of the newest Pharmacists here at Smith’s Drugs of Forest City. He just joined the staff in May of 2018. Josh graduated high school from East Rowan High School in Salisbury, NC before attending the University of North Carolina School of Pharmacy where he obtained his Doctor of Pharmacology in 2012.
- He has worked as both a Staff Pharmacist and Pharmacy Manager for CVS and is the winner of their 2016 Paragon Award.
- Josh is looking forward to a long career here at Smith’s Drugs of Forest City and perhaps someday owning his own pharmacy. The thing Josh likes best about being a Pharmacist is “meeting and helping people and answering their health-related questions.”
- When he’s not working, Josh enjoys spending time with his “beautiful wife and 4-year-old twins.” He also enjoys working in the yard, exercising and meal planning.
- Stop by to see Josh the next time you have a Pharmacy question. He’d love to meet you!
- Lori has worked as Staff Pharmacist at Smith’s Drugs of Forest City since October 2014. She received her BS Pharmacy from the University of Georgia in 1991 after graduating Oconee County High School. Lori has served a number of communities as Retail Staff Pharmacist over the years of her career.
- Lori loves horses and the outdoors. She has written several articles for the Paso Fino Horse World publication.
- Lori finds her career as a Pharmacist most satisfying when she is “making a difference in someone’s healthcare by listening to their concerns and looking for ways to improve their care.”
- Stop in to see Lori with any Pharmacy questions or services you need. She’s always helpful and caring.
- Teresa Durham grew up in nearby Polk County and graduated from Polk Central High School before heading off to UNC Chapel Hill for Pharmacy School. She has been a Pharmacist at Smith’s Drugs of Forest City since April 2004. Prior to joining our staff, Teresa had experience working in some of the corporate pharmacy organizations including Revco and Wal-Mart. If you ask her, we’re sure she’ll tell you that working in a small, family-owned pharmacy environment is certainly a good place to be.
- Teresa loves to travel to different countries, spend time outdoors gardening and reading in her spare time.
- Her personal goals for her professional life are to “stay up to date on the latest trends and services in pharmacy and to always help patients.”
- The thing she likes most about her job at Smith’s Drugs Pharmacy is “helping patients be healthy.”
- Teresa will be happy to help in any way she can to meet your health and pharmacy needs.
- Blair Pruett is the newest member of the Smith’s Drugs of Forest City Pharmacy staff having just graduated from Wingate University with the Class of 2018. She divides her time between the long-term care operation and the pharmacy. Blair is another of our “hometown” staff members and reports that she feels “beyond blessed to begin my career so close to home, allowing me the opportunity to give back to a place that has given so much to me!”
- She was a member of Rho Chi (top 20% of her pharmacy school class) and Phi Lamba Sigma (Wingate’s pharmacy school leadership society.) She hopes to continue her career in long term care pharmacy and eventually become a consultant pharmacist where she can advocate for patients residing in nursing facilities and ensure they receive optimal care.
- Blair tells us that the thing she likes best about being a pharmacist is “building relationships with patients. We get to be on the front lines and communicate with our patients sometimes daily, allowing ample opportunities to...
- Compounding Pharmacy Manager
- Robert Andrew Hollifield … “Andy” to us … graduated from East Rutherford High School before heading out to the UNC School of Pharmacy to get his degree in 1979. He has been employed at Smith’s Drugs of Forest City since June 2002. He has “worn several hats” here at Smith’s working in the Vital Care, Compounding and Long-term Care Departments. Before joining us, Andy had worked at Hardin’s Drug and Rutherford Regional Hospital.
- His dedication and hard work have earned him Employee of the Year awards both at Rutherford Hospital and Smith’s Drugs. He keeps up-to-date with training and has completed the NHIA Home Infusion Therapy Program.
- Andy’s work keeps him “behind the scenes” for the most part at Smith’s but be assured, if you need assistance in the Compounding Pharmacy or the Long-term Care Department, he will be happy to help in any way he can. When not at work Andy enjoys hiking and camping.
- Katie joined the Smith’s Drugs of Forest Pharmacy staff as a 2017 graduate of the Wingate University School of Pharmacy. She had actually done one of her college internships with the Smith’s staff and the “family” environment would be the right fit for her. Katie attended and graduated from Burns High School before completing her Doctor of Pharmacology at Wingate University in May 2017. Prior to working with us, Katie has been employed as a Pharmacy Intern and Pharmacy Technician at CVS and has been the Scheduling Manager at Cleveland Eyecare. She graduated Cum Laude and was awarded the CPFI Scholarship.
- Katie’s career goals include becoming BPS Certified in Geriatric Care. “Helping people understand their medications and healthcare status so they can achieve better overall health” is the thing she likes best about being a Pharmacist.
- Katie spends most of her time working in the Smith’s Drugs of Forest City Long-Term Care Pharmacy, but when not at work you’ll find her boating at Lake James; gardening; doing DIY projects;...